999 South Group Ltd has worked with Fire and Rescue Services to deliver initial and refresher training.
999 South Group Ltd specialise in bespoke training for works emergency response staff and utilise military and local authority trained personnel to deliver its highly successful training events.
Whether you dream of joining the fire service or you have always wanted to experience using a firefighters hose this experience day based at Thruxton Airport in Hampshire will give you an excellent opportunity to find out what it takes to be a firefighter.
You will learn how to operate basic firefighting equipment including the fire engine, pumps, hoses & ladders before you start tackling practical exercises including a ladder, pump & hose exercise; a simulated Road Traffic Collision plus live fire activities including a simulated aircraft engine fire, petrochemical fire and compartment fire.
This is a half or full day experience where you get to see just what being at the 'sharp end' of firefighting is all about!
• Minimum age is 16, under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• You need to be fit and healthy as this is a physical experience day involving live fires, climbing and lifting
• Day runs 9am to 12.30pm or 9am to 5pm with a short break for lunch where a packed lunch is included
• Protective equipment will be provided
• A certificate of achievement and a photograph are also included and presented at the end of the experience.